Td5 injector seals

reb78

I'm going to get some injector seals. I want genuine, now these are advertised as genuine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DISCOVERY-2-TD5-NEW-GENUINE-FUEL-INJECTOR-WASHERS-WITH-SEALS-O-RINGS-/301023195210?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item461661704a

But no packets shown etc. The next cheapest are these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-DISCOVERY-TD5-INJECTOR-SEALS-AND-WASHERS-GENUINE-/261189752874?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd01f582a

If what you see is what you get, then they are clearly genuine, but £10 more. Anyone bought from the first seller or am I likely to end up with britpart g spec?

Looks like your situation has moved on,if its any help most LR independants only use genuine washers and seals on TD5's.People have ended up in allsorts of strife with poor quality ones.

Two very important things when you do the job,cleanliness is top of the list - it cant be too clean,any muck will easily block the very fine holes in the injector nozzles and reduce performance.Secondly,when all the injectors are out,disable the fuel pump and crank the engine.This will eject the fuel that ran into the first combustion chamber that you removed the injector from.It makes a mess doing it,but its better than a bent conrod....

For the rest of the job there must be plenty of how to guides on here.

Thanks all. I agree on the price, especially of the o rings! £4 each from lrdirect!!! However, LR only it is.

Ally - I'm getting them as they are 'relatively' cheap and in case I need them (I'm sure I will at some point). I'm still a little stumped on the starting thing, it seems to have gotten worse since I first posted on Saturday. I've got the numbers to get the starter rebuild kit as well. Still not sure where to start with that one as it's progressed to intermittently not starting an just cranking even when warm now, but that's in combination with a fuel pump that's getting noisier. I've put a video and other comments on the poor starting thread.

Have the pump out of the tank and make sure the strainer at the bottom is clean,I've seen them almost completely caked in black gunge - no way they can suck fuel through.This would also explain why the purge cycle doesn't help.

The pump is easy to get out,you can carefully pull the carpet out from under the edges of the trim without removing it apart from the 3rd row seat inner socket bits.(If fitted) Clean around the pipe fittings etc after removing the round plate,again cleanliness is very important.Tricky bit is seating the sealing ring and holding the pump down when you put it back together.

Have the pump out of the tank and make sure the strainer at the bottom is clean,I've seen them almost completely caked in black gunge - no way they can suck fuel through.This would also explain why the purge cycle doesn't help.

The pump is easy to get out,you can carefully pull the carpet out from under the edges of the trim without removing it apart from the 3rd row seat inner socket bits.(If fitted) Clean around the pipe fittings etc after removing the round plate,again cleanliness is very important.Tricky bit is seating the sealing ring and holding the pump down when you put it back together.

Will do. Thanks.