Mounting Air Filter V8 efi

Hello all

I am busy planning my megasquirt installation on my 3.5 efi, my current air filter setup is a PROPER bodge. with a flatbar bent homemade bracket coming off the firewall and barely missing the brake lines then barely missing the fuel lines to then barely hold the air filter up :blush:

so with Nige's setup I can get rid of the flapper (probably make a good boat anchor) AFM, which is currently mounted to the back of the V8 with a flatbar bracket off one of the bell housing bolts.

my landy is a LHD so I have the brake servo limiting my space on vehicle left of the engine.

so my idea is to put a 90 elbow off the plenum, then the AFM from Nige, then another 90 elbow to the air filter mounted at the back of the V8

does anyone have pictures or know the correct bracket I need to mount the air filter to the back of the V8? (don't the carb V8's have their air filter at the back?

here a pic of my current bodge setup.

post-101679-0-52134700-1423743701_thumb.jpeg

and here what I would like to do

post-101679-0-06159800-1423743728_thumb.jpg

any ideas or tips would be welcome

You can get the original brackets from LR. Just make sure you're sitting down before asking for the price. Im not near my pc that has allbrit saved on it, but if you look on there, or retroanacondas partsbook pdf, you will find the part numbers. Hth