Is double fuel tanks in the 1988 Defender 2 door truck standard issue

I am looking at buying a 1988 Defender truck and want to import to US . Does anybody know if double fuel tanks in the truck is standard or if this was added after market There is a tank under passenger seat that's not hooked up and a new one that was installed in the rear They both have fill caps on passenger side of bed one in back and on near cab . Owner does not if its standard . Does any one know if this is level to import to US or is this a Safety Violation ? Thank you.

That set up was on an 87 110 I had mine was done by special vehicles it had the standard rear filler plus a series filler just behind the door. So yes it is possible it came from the factory but it could also be retro fitted easily and I suspect US import may not like it unless you can prove it was special vehicles given how strict they've got lately.

Mike

Are we talking Ninety or One Ten?

Rear tanks on 90's are late models only, NAS and TD5 spec chassis.

BTW - there is no such thing as a 1988 Defender. The Defender model didn't come out until the 200Tdi and disc rear axle was launched (1990-91 irrc). I know it's a trend to call all Ninety's and One Tens "Defenders", but it's wrong. The change that happened with the 200Tdi introduction was as fundamental as going from Series 2 to 2A or to Series 3.