110 Suspension knocking my teeth out

Bish66

Does anyone know the difference in rate between the RBK500300 and the RBK101111? I have the RKB101111 rear, and std front (300tdi), and it is still quite firm, not ridiculous but I wouldn't mind it softer. Incidentally I have noticed a ride improvement when I had to renew the rear bottom shock bushings, (they are now superpro) I think they take a bit of punishment at the back.

I think two of us posted links to the spring rate charts in this thread, look though the posts and you will find them and all the rates and general spring information.

I'm not sure of the rate for the rbk500300 as they are the lastest spec ones for a County and not on that list.

I had them fitted on my last defender and there were great. One thing with springs if you just want standard hight buy genuine parts only they arnt much more than aftermarket and last ages.

• 1 month later...

Get the front rubber tower isolation items...OEM items, should be 8 pounds each in cost...they isolate GREAT...rear ones are even cheaper!

Does anybody have part number for front and rear isolation items for a 110???

Slightly unrelated question but my 90 is a HT would this have different springs to a CSW of the same vintage? At the moment it gives quite a harsh ride as it isn't used very often for heavy loads. I've bought 8 spring isolators to fit top and bottom to see if they offer a bit of an improvement.

Well a little update is in order.

I ordered the following set up in the end:

NRC8044 and NRC8045 for the front.

I eventually plumped for for RBK500300 as it is a little softer and little taller (uncompressed) than the RBK1001111.

The ride is greatly improved and much less crashy. I am almost tempted to say that it is now comfortable and am looking forward to seeing what it will ride like with a little weight in the back. I can honestly say that this is a very good set up and came in pretty cheap from Dan at Duckworth parts - I only ever use original parts, call me mad but I feel they are the best!!

Thanks for all your help guys!

Bish

Good to hear how it went and that it worked out well. Is it a little high at the rear, or do the springs compress once fitted? I'm very interested because I have the RKB1001111s (bought before RBK500300) and although I can get my 90 in the garage I can't get the 110 in - 15-20mm would make all the difference. This is with almost flat rear tyres.