Wood, Card, Paper, Glue and Ingenuity

mmgemini

Now I have wooden men !! These were made in 1999....

K8FxmL.jpg

vWHsSA.jpg

oaxLRp.jpg

Here I've taken one apart. You can see the copper that keeps him together. The idea being that the copper bends to suit the position you'd like the man in. I've thought about dressing these but haven't the courage as yet.

Well some not so good news. I have a PROXXON planer/ thicknesser. One of the very early ones. Went to plane some wood down for a job, two different jobs really. It appears that one or both of the blades/ knives have huge chunks out of them, so jobs held until I can get the thing repaired.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a tidy up in the workshop and added a couple of shelves so there's dust all over again. LOL

Also I've started on the wheels for a brewers dray.

First I made a fixture to cut the segments for the felloes (rims) on the table saw.

P8cfBd.jpg

The cut wood in place

Dyve8m.jpg

The six segments, I bet they break in the lathe LOL

bvmTcO.jpg

These are just a try out, Not as accurate as I'd like, might try to make another fixture later.

• 3 weeks later...

After a tidy up and clean out of the workshop, I thought I'd try making a wheel rim. I used beech this time. Got the six segments glued together. Made up a fixture to hold thins together, pics to follow, Then put everything in the lathe.

1R7tnQ.jpg

I'm pleased with this. I still have a lot to learn here. It also looks as if I will have to make a new fixture for each rim.

Now I also will have to learn how to sharpen turning chisels.