Traveling UK to Namibia 2015

antmc5

Hi,

My wife and i are planning an trip to Namibia in our range rover been really struggling getting facts together on some information. any advice on the questions below or answers would be great thanks.

Can anybody tell me if the have shipped a land rover to Namibia and back from anywhere in the uk?

Can you tell me costs/ any red tape?

What shipping company did you use?

and any other helpful advice?

Thanks,

Tony

So simple.

The hard bit is the red tape. The Carnet de Passage. Look it up on the RAC web site.

DO NOT ship roll on roll of. Put it in a container.

We used MACS shipping through John Good at Immingham. Where are you in the UK ? As John Good ship out of the Thames.

I've sent you a PM

It will cost more to ship out than back home.

You will have to pay port fees, anticipate £1,000 each way. They may be less but I am working on 2011 prices.

It's expensive to ship out as you will need to put it in a container - only empty cars can go on ro-ro so you can't take any kit & it will have bits pilfered.

Google savannah freight - UK based company who regularly ship to walvis bay and will get you container pricing.

If you just going for a few weeks it's going to work out cheaper & easier to hire a 4x4 - plenty of companies out there offering fully kitted out 4x4's with roof tents/fridges/camping gear etc in Windhoek, or johannesburg is worth looking at too.

Couple of names you can look at just for an idea - bobo campers in windhoek/joburg hire 4x4 campers, british 4x4 in Pretoria hire kitted out Defenders, drive South Africa do very smart Defender rental - lots and lots of others.

Hi,
My wife and i are planning an trip to Namibia in our range rover been really struggling getting facts together on some information. any advice on the questions below or answers would be great thanks.
Can anybody tell me if the have shipped a land rover to Namibia and back from anywhere in the uk?
Can you tell me costs/ any red tape?
What shipping company did you use?
and any other helpful advice?
Thanks,
Tony

Hello,

I am not sure but wouldn´t it be much easier to go to Namibia by plane and then rent a Rover at place? I think this would also9 benefit you with much less organizing for your trip to Namibia

Joshua81