VIN sale reporting

robertspark

I got a response to my message.

keep your nose out my stuff and you can bild a land rover from chassis up and its my v5 not dvla so dont like my add dont look ok any way nosey i will readd it once more its a chassis i am selling ok dick head and report me again

You cannot educate some people apparently.

He has re-advertised it. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-88-chassis-Tax-Exempt-/251882402035?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa55c70f3

Those that know me would never accuse me of being a snob but ffs we really need to get some chlorine for the gene pool :( Surprised he'd worked out how to use a computer

EDIT:BTW if he gets reported enough times they will delete his account, whilst I know he can re-register it does mean he'll have zero feedback which will annoy him.

• Like 1

And yet again, This time accusing me of reporting him. I sent him a message saying it wasn't me last time but will this time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251882894570?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Strange, he seems to have now fallen under the profanity section of eBays listing policy violations.

EDIT: I find his persistence quite interesting as we will get to discover how many auctions you have to have cancelled before getting a ban.

I wonder if this thread might be better placed in a section of the forum where only members have access. (Even better perhaps if possible to make it so that only members with say 20 or more posts can view it)

Well this is the latest response from tonylandy-2007. I'm sure his Land Rovers articulation must be better than his.

all chassis have id you dont no nothing about land rovers then i have 8 of them bilt 4 from scratch from chassis up all past dvla aprovel as well can not see the problem some of us cant just go out and buy a nice shiney new one plus its not the same if you dont bild it your self thats why most people like ebay so they can bild swap to wot they wont not wot land rover did that way its your pride and joy only thats why lots say bilt not bort as they did it there selfs weres the fun in buying one thats all dun gess you never add the bug land rover bug that is

wonder how he would react if DVSA [vosa] inspected all his vehicles & seiezed the lot because they were suspect.

I wondered that myself. I hope this is not boring or annoying any members But this gent has started to annoy me. this is what I replied to him.

Without trying to sound offensive, you may find this web page informative. www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/rebuilt-vehicles I have no personal issue with yourself, If you are a legitimate member of the Land Rover community you should appreciate the continuing theft of vehicles is becoming a grave concern. Unfortunately the illegal sale of V5C registration documents only encourages further thefts. As a long term fan of the marque and the owner of four Land Rovers presently I would like to protect my investments and those of fellow fans from the inevitable illegal activities that the sale of old registration documents promotes. If you feel I am victimising you please have a word with a local constabulary too see how big Land Rover theft is becoming and whether your interpretation of the law is correct.

• Like 1

I wondered that myself. I hope this is not boring or annoying any members

This is neither boring or annoying. I'm grateful for yours and others tenacity on this subject. These people need to be stopped.

• Like 1

Well this is the latest response from tonylandy-2007. I'm sure his Land Rovers articulation must be better than his.

all chassis have id you dont no nothing about land rovers then i have 8 of them bilt 4 from scratch from chassis up all past dvla aprovel as well can not see the problem some of us cant just go out and buy a nice shiney new one plus its not the same if you dont bild it your self thats why most people like ebay so they can bild swap to wot they wont not wot land rover did that way its your pride and joy only thats why lots say bilt not bort as they did it there selfs weres the fun in buying one thats all dun gess you never add the bug land rover bug that is

That was incredibly hard to read :blink: .

I'd also vote for the thread to be made available only to those with ~20+ posts.

• Like 1

I thought my spelling was bad till I read that it is quite impressively bad.

Wording of description now makes it dubiously legit, just, would really need a bit more of a vehicle (8 points?, chassis alone only 5?) to keep the reg but might be able to do it.

As said I suspect "dvla approval" means an MOT, which doesn't check a vehicle is legal just that it complies to legal minimum mechanical standards of specific parts. You can have an legitimate MOT but still have an illegally registered vehicle that is unroadworthy and unsafe.

Send him this

The registration document/certificate is not intended to have any intrinsic value. It is an extract of the information that is held by the Secretary of State for a vehicle on the vehicle register. The Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002 specify that the registration document should be returned when details of the vehicle and/or keeper change. This allows the register to be updated with the revised information and a new document issued.

I can confirm that the V5 registration document or the V5C registration certificate belong (are legal property) to the Secretary Of State and it is illegal to sell them.

Direct from the DVLA

Ebay's own policy which we need to get them to enforce

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/government-ids-licenses.html

V5, logbook or similar vehicle registration documents unless they are being listed with the vehicle (in compliance with DVLA requirements)

A chassis is not a vehicle, its a spare part which equals points towards a total which makes a vehicle. After all if you can fit a new chassis it proves the ID doesn't go with the chassis but with the sum of the parts.

Now a rolling chassis with an engine and gearbox would get enough points to retain the identity.