VIN sale reporting

robertspark

are all these being forwarded to AVICS as well as reporting to ebay.??

I will often report to avcis but have only ever had one automated response. Last message I sent them I asked if it was the right place to report them to but have not had a reply.

I reported the first one he put up yesterday, not sure if ebay removed it or he did. This one has been reworded bordering on legit although the emphasis is still on the V5c, There were three all dubious yesterday from various years.

Well apparently there is a department within DVLA set up to monitor and report to the auction site the sale of V5s , and if clearly identified put a marker on the reg

When I get to a scanner I'll post up a copy of the DVLA letter I have received , I'll be using the wording to post questions to any seller so they are in no doubt they are being monitored and know they are breaking the law.

Just a pity DVLA have not given a contact for reporting these potential sales directly and quickly.

• Like 1

Well apparently there is a department within DVLA set up to monitor and report to the auction site the sale of V5s , and if clearly identified put a marker on the reg

When I get to a scanner I'll post up a copy of the DVLA letter I have received , I'll be using the wording to post questions to any seller so they are in no doubt they are being monitored and know they are breaking the law.

Just a pity DVLA have not given a contact for reporting these potential sales directly and quickly.

I have sent a link to the dvla page covering rebuilt vehicles to some advertising V5cs and their response is never polite.

thats one for AVCIS , vehicle fraud

Body work has some war wounds, and is by no means in showroom condition. Just a solid off road warrior which is tax and MOT exempt and can be insured for around a £100 as a classic vehicle.

V5C correct and MOT certificates back to 1999.

Well it it would have MOT history to the 1960's , and V5C may well say V8 doesn't make it correct though , now it was legal to build hybrids but the points scheme has been around for quite a while , I wouldn't want to spend good money on it and then get pulled for an inspection , or find DVLA have suspended the docs whilst its investigated.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Landrover-Discovery-Log-Book-Id-V5-Disco-300-Tdi-Land-Rover-Chasis-Tag-/261831048973?

Can someone pass this one to AVIS please, I haven't got time this morning!

Now that is blatant. I know disco ones are not the most sought after but I have seen some excellent examples around. Have reported on ebay and will forward to avcis.

Thanks Barry, if I do it again, I'll take a screenshot + save the image files and provide them with a package

AVCIS, I sent it to the vehicle fraud email address (options copied below).

Fraud and general enquiries: vehiclefraud@avcis.pnn.police.uk

Intelligence, agricultural, plant machinery: intel@avcis.pnn.police.uk

Freight:freight@avcis.pnn.police.uk

Maybe we might be better off just reporting them to avcis and leave the ebay add running and let avcis use their clout to get ebay to remove them after investigation. That way the culprits might get prosecuted rather than just the add removed.

• Like 1