Diagnostics Scanners Opinions and Experiences please

CJ1

I have recently bought an LR3 (Discovery 3) And want to tool up properly so I can diagnose most of the problems on my own.

And with the complex electronics I want to buy a Diagnostics scanner but don't want to spend a lot. I already have diagnostics equipment for every car except for Jaguar / Land Rover.

I recently came across Terrafirma Handheld Scanner for Land Rover, Range & Jaguar TF930 i930 icarsoft

These are around £100 on Ebay and a little more from the manufacturer themselves.

Are they any good?

I know there are a few different diagnostics tools available but some are extortionate prices. And once I have chosen one, I will be happy to plug anyone's Land Rovers in if they come to me.

I look forward to the debate :) Just got to go and get the pop corn ready lol

Please play nicely though.

I recently purchased a snap on modis from fleabay.

It wasn't cheap but if you bought one you could sell all the other scanners you have.

Just ensure that the software version loaded covers the age of your car(s), mine only goes up to 2010.