OT newly acquired titanium self tappers...

Maverik

That's a nice job, looks a little low because the X-Ray is a bit rotated, they are usually stainless steel, they aren't countersunk because that would massively decrease the cortical thickness and mean the head was into the spongy bone underneath, they are domed underneath to allow dished washers to be used in poor quality bone

There's a lot of overlap between my day job and hobby lol!

Hope you get well soon!

Mike (resident forum orthopaedic reg!)

I have plates and screws in my arm, they don't set of detectors so I'd be supprised if those do sorry to disapoint (I was).

It is amazing the difference they make though, a few weeks after four days in hospital (both bones in forearm snapped in two) I needed to do some urgent welding on my LR. To do this I had to carry a half sized gas bottle 100ft with ease.

Marc

Got loads of those screws and two plates in my right leg from a 70's bike accident when I was told I would never walk again. I also have some screws and a bent plate from when I fell over before the leg had mended. I can confirm that they don't set off the metal detectors at airports, though not sure why.

Must have been wierd bending them, if not painful?

I used to wonder about bending them when carrying the gas.

The other misnoma is "chicks dig scars" it took one girl I knew ten years to even notice the scars half the length of my arm!

Marc

I had vaguely wondered why the screws where canulated, with a bit of further reading and some rather graphic YouTube footage I found out... To get the screws on target they use thinner brazing rod style wires that they poke into position first then they slide the screws down the wires and use them as a guide, quite simple but rather clever. Don't Google the subject if you're squeamish... I'm sure there's an application of said method to a land rover somewhere...