PAS pump

Hey all

I'm struggling to find the correct Pas pump for my land-rover as it's a 1985 with a 200tdi engine in. The engine no. Is 19J21357L but all I can find is pas pumps which match to engine number 11L..... None starting with the 19J whether I'm being stupid I'm not sure. Sorry completely new to this and learning as I go

Ollie

Yeah, that's not a 200TDi...but it'd be a good upgrade!

The next question, and it's a very serious one, is why do you have a 1985 90 (110?) with a V5 that has the engine number of a 200TDi on it, when the 200 wasn't designed until 4 years after you'r vehicle was built?

I don't know it's how I brought it just before Christmas it's a 1985 90. So I need to do some digging into it but what is the number I have (11L0627A) what engine is that. And only found out today upon further inspection that the number I found on my engine doesn't match the v5. But still I'm struggling to find a replacement PAS pump

Oh how I remember that one as well had the same problem .....Took me 2 pumps before I got the corect one ......NTC8287 I belive 2.5 petrol and NA diesel also 2.5Turbo diesel & 200Tdi......I had to take mine off and compare it against pics of ones on the internet

Sounds pretty simple to me, someone has changed the engine and not updated the V5C is all.

There are two PAS pumps that fit the 200Tdi, earlier ones had the same pump as the older 2.5TD '19J' engines, later ones had a different pump. 300Tdi was different again.

The parts books will tell you what you need, based on the engine number. I know it changed sometime around 1992/1993 as my 90 was built in 1992 and has the earlier type while the 110 was built in 1993 and had the later pump!

Yes I have.....got it backwards somewhere!

I blame being full of cold!!

Right...re-wind and get it the right way round...

So, the V5 hasn't been updated when the engine was swapped. You need to send the V5 to DVLA with the number of the engine that's fitted. This can go one of two ways, they'll either just change it and send it back, or, they'll send it back as it was, and ask you to provide something to prove the engine, like a receipt for the engine, garage inspection, can't remember the rest.

Hopefully, it won't come back saying the engine is stolen.

One can hope, but thanks again guys, will update and let you know how i get on. first attempt at doing work on the landrover since i brought it on my own (and out of my depth considering im a trainee vet ) and im a complete novice on cars so is going to be an adventure :) but thats why i brought it.

Ollie