Wiper 2 Speed Switch

tuko

Leaving for work yesterday smoke began billowing out from behind the dashpod..... PANIC!!! Drove to work without wipers once I realized the culprit was the wiper switch.

post-194-0-29391400-1425388175_thumb.jpg

Thanks to having a spare 1 speed switch I was able to rebuild the guts of the switch.

This got me thinking, can I wire instead a headlight switch for the wipers and a push button for the wash? I thought that I would give it a go today but I had to give up after blowing so many fuses. :blink: Has anyone done this before and if so how did you do it? I would consider this as an option to the current switch when I saw the prices for a new switch!

Thanks in advance.

Todd.

I can't see why not. Run the plain green feed into the switch and the green/blue and green/red outputs to the motor off the output terminals. The green/brown park switch can be spliced into the low speed switch output (green/red, IIRC). That should work correctly. The only problem is the washer jets - you'd need another switch for them.

When i had the series dash i ran a single speed switch with another switch to go to the 2nd speed, On and wash as standard, than a sort of a hi/lo wipe switch.

Since 2 speed switches cost the earth some odd 15 years ago............................ now probably they are like hens teeth.....................

G

Yupp they are like hens teeth and if you do find one, the fantasy price!!! :angry2:

I like the universal switch above but postage from the states is considerably more than the value of the switch, which leads me back to the idea of a standard light switch for the wipers plus a push button for the washer spray.

Todd.