injector issue

PeteMck

Hi Guys,

Having trouble with my megasquirt. It's a rover 4.6v8 When I crank I get a spark, when I turn the ignition on it the injectors fire 2 priming pulses. However while cranking the fuel pump runs fine but the injectors stop opening, and so obviously it won't start. from this I'm ASSUMING that the wires for the injectors are correct, the edis module is wired in correctly as its making a spark and that the msq module is getting a signal from the edis 8 module as the fuel pump is running and I'm getting an rpm of around 350. Any suggestions? I'm guessing one of my assumptions is wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help

If the throttle position sensor reading is above the FLOOD_CLEAR value it will shut off the injectors during cranking to clear any excess fuel from previous failed attempts (hence FLOOD CLEAR).

Causes: Faulty or disconnected TPS / wiring, too low a value set for flood clear threshold, or foot stuck on throttle ;)

more_cranking.png

Maybe 350 is a bit of an exaggeration but definitely 300+

Trigger wheel and vr sensor causing Edis to make a spark. Sensor 5 teeth behind or whatever it is. Have checked that many times already when I was struggling to get a spark.

Could the msq be corrupted or something?

300 is still very fast.

I suspect a trigger issue because of it.

have you tried the sensor the other way round? All sorts of funny things happen otherwise.

Where are injectors getting power from?

How do you know the injectors aren't firing?

What's required fuel set to? cranking PW?

Yer I've tried the sensor the other way round. Doesn't work.

Injectors get power from the msq circuit board

Made a test light. Lights up when firing priming pulses but nothing after that. And i had a spare injector and u can feel it click when priming but nothing when cranking.

Will look at cranking pw and where do u find required fuel?

Req fuel for RV8s tend to end up about 20, it's a massive constant, but tuning the VE table will get mean you don't need to be too accurate, but 20 should get you running.

If you look on the MS forums you will find a tune for a 4.6 RV8 for sure.

Ok well I've got it started. But there's something not right with the settings I've got currently as won't rev properly and smokes like a bitch but she lives. So anyone with the basic settings for a 4.6 v8 I'd very much appreciate them.

Did you buy it from Nige (Megasquirt V8) ? If so (or even if not) he'll probably have a suitable map/settings file to hand. You've got to be way out of the ballpark for it to not run at all.

Stupid question: Is the MAP reading sensible? I've had the pipe fall off before, that makes it run a tad rich.

Haha don't no how I managed to miss that.

Yer it came from nige.

Problem seemed to be the required fuel value.

also anyone got a pic of which wire goes where for the lambda sensor as not convinced that's round the right way.