Live Promotions Show

Tangoman

As the description goes...went to the live mud fest show on Friday morning. Got there about 1.30. Put up the tent and had a walk around - not many trade stands had arrived at that point, but marker boards showed who was coming.

Saturday: O.M.G! The weather was horrendous but that was O.K., water never hurt anybody - only V8s (!!!)

But the show was the biggest pile of **** I have ever seen! Some stands didn't even turn up and one of them was a popular magazine. It was so bad we left by 4.30 today and we were supposed to stay all weekend. Live and learn! What show to go to next year???

Running out of options...Mud Fest? No. Billing? No. Mr. Green not getting my money!

Isn't freedom of speach great? Whoohoo! (That was sound of celebration of freedom, NOT owl hoot). :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I'm so pleased I didn't go. In fact I haven't been to any of the major shows this year. And I don't think I've missed a thing. They are all carp. Unfortunately the major show organisers will never learn and are motivated only by profit. Don't ask me my opinion on Billing especially. I've already been vilified by Hodder in LRe as "some people actually did not enjoy the show.....it takes all sorts." I've stuck to steam rallies, country shows and our own club rally. In fact the only show of relevance to Series owners is the Old Sodbury Sortout.

So the show season this year goes like this:

Billing - over priced, poorly run

South West 4x4 Show - laughed out of the county

Malvern LROi - a farce beyond compare

Eastnor LRW - oh dear oh dear

Live Prom show - a pile of rained out poo

So what about the 4x4 show at Stoneleigh, Abingdon, Langley Farm

Bring back West Wycombe...

do you mean the Peterborough Landrover Fest show?

Didn't go......... To busy cleaning my house for the imminent arrival of the Canadian in laws even though it's five minutes drive from my house.

So the show season this year goes like this:

Billing - over priced, poorly run

South West 4x4 Show - laughed out of the county

Malvern LROi - a farce beyond compare

Eastnor LRW - oh dear oh dear

So what about the 4x4 show at Stoneleigh, Abingdon, Langley Farm

Bring back West Wycombe...

Have TOR considered a show?

Si

The problem with shows is not so much the show itself, but if Live Promotions get involved. I went with Sue to the LRO show in Malvern lasty year, and Live Promotions had drastically reduced the free tickets and available space for the EMLRA. There were large empty spaces everywhere, so it wasn't necessary to do this.

The EMLRA always put on an excellent display, and are always popular at the various shows. If there's a general decay in the quality/content of shiows, you can guarantee that companies such as Live Promotions are at the root of it.

Les.

Hi,

Just got home from the show... wet or what !!

Worst bit for us was that some theiving scum stole a full set of leaf springs off our display stand last night....

we hope there chassis breaks in half and there all killed..... serve them right....

WE won't be doing that show next year for deffinate... carp organisation, poor security apart from Friday night when they wouldn't let the rest of our display crew in because it was after 8pm and we hadn't booked a late entry requirement.

There again we didn't expect a blowout on the trailer that took 2 hours to get fixed.

Cheers,

Andy