200tdi battery

Ok if any one has seen the posting about my starter problems its been narrowed down but still have problems (see below)

The starer problem

Ok its gone to my mates and had an auto electrician out and ......with the new starter motor fitted on the landy with the battery (which is just holding 11 amps by the way) and a booster box on it the landy starts fine and the starter disengages ........But with just my fitted battery in the landy try to start it and it starts but the starter keeps spinning ...The auto electricians explanation was that the volts and amps and that if its low amps its allowing the starter to arc across and keep spinning ......Does this sound right ????

As surely every time my battery drops a bit low Im going to have this problem with the starter and that cant be right ....surely its more like a faulty battery rather than it being a low amp battery ???

Any way what's the best battery for my Landy loads and loads of power draw ...lights every where and mega powerful stereo system

I believe 663 is standard 105AH and CCA 750A .....Can I go up from this ?

as Mo says biggest you can afford & that will fit in the battery box. recently put 2 Yuasa silver 900CCA 100ah 5 year warranty in my 110. my local halfords had them on shelf & with my trade card made them cheaper than others I'd seen localy.

Is it simply that the knackered battery is able to summon enough energy to start spinning the starter but its not sufficiently powerfully enough to 'throw' the starter gubbins to engage and turn the engine? That would explain why adding his booster box is doing the trick, but your on its own is duff. Mind you electricity is voodoo AFAIAC.

Fit new battery. Try Tayna: link no connection with them but very helpful folks.

as Mo says biggest you can afford & that will fit in the battery box. recently put 2 Yuasa silver 900CCA 100ah 5 year warranty in my 110. my local halfords had them on shelf & with my trade card made them cheaper than others I'd seen localy.

Maybe a daft question (or two) but is the battery box the same size on a 90 as a 110?

And how did you hold these down?

I was going to get twin batteries fitted and had been looking at fitting a red top and a yellow top optima, but these are much more in my budget range (currently nil, but hoping to raise some soon)