Suspension bushes

I think I managed most of those for about half of that. Look at britcar, lrdirect and other websites. I'm pretty sure there was a large difference in price for a few of these bushes that castle reduced the cost by shopping around.

As far as i know thexmod use genuine LR unless stated otherwise. I know that anything i have got off them came in LR box/bag.

I got an absolutely fantastic deal on 16 brand new genuine LR V8 lifters, all in there individual LR boxes :)

I think I managed most of those for about half of that. Look at britcar, lrdirect and other websites. I'm pretty sure there was a large difference in price for a few of these bushes that castle reduced the cost by shopping around.

That price was LRdirect. Unfortunately if I buy from several different stores the shipping cost to Italy gets out of hand.

• 2 weeks later...

No they aren't. The only thing that you can be certain is genuine is GENUINE!!

Read my experience with the exact bushes you are talking about here

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=83997&page=2

Post 25 onwards is the meat of the discussion but it's all relevant. To summarise - the stuff paddocks sent was noticeably different quality to the parts I received in LR packets. Then I had a fairly long struggle to get a refund.

Just bought some bushes from the land rover dealer local to me. Open the packet and inspected the rubber. To read metalastik imprinted on the rubber.

That still does not mean that metalastik and genuine are the same. The genuine ones have to comply to a spec, where as the oem metalastic ones don't. This conversation has been going around for ages on this forum. The outcome is that I still would go genuine. (just replaced OEM ones that lasted very few miles, although offroad miles.).

Daan

Defenders can actually have quite a compliant ride with the correct spring rates. Especially 110's. The extra weight/wheelbase makes a big difference to ride quality. I imagine 130's are better again.. :)

130s are great over rough ground.... been in a friends 130 over washboard like track at speed and it was almost like tarmac.

In my experience suspension bushes are like oats, you can pay a higher price and get them before they go through the horse or a cheaper price afterwards. I tried aftermarket bushes only once, never again :angry2: the original LR may be three times the cost of after market units but they last for at least 4-5 times longer, it's as simple as that. If you're happy to change them on a fairly regular basis (I'm not!) go for the cheaper after market items.