1993 200 Tdi immobilizer problems after off roading

JimDay

Hi all my son has a 1993 200 Tdi Disco which since off roading has some issues, when trying to start, the alarm kicks in & the starter wont turn over, the hazard lights flash & the horn sounds.

We have changed the alarm/central locking modual that was buzzing but the faults are still there

Any ideas guys or know of a link to help me sort this out

Many thanks in advance

Jim Day

Hi Nigelw it's a factory fitted one but I think we've found the problem now (hopefully) after much digging and investigation we found that the 4 fusible links in the loom from the battery to the inside of the car along the drivers side inner wing were very corroded so much so that they fell apart as the loom covering was removed so it now has an extra fuse box fitted with 4 x 10 amp fuses fitted and it seems to have cured the problem only time will tell

• 9 months later...

Think they are, but only fitted to post 92MY 200Tdi as 300Tdi got revamped fuse and relay board under bonnet.

I seem to remember a club member fitting a new set of aftermarket individual fusible links from a motor factors, mounted on a bit of bent plate on the inner wing, he filled them up with vaseline and they've never been any hassle since.

Not sure if I can find something similar?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...