"Great British Landrover Show" - Same day as Newbury

Got an email offering free (afternoon) tickets for this. List of exhibitors here...

Wasn't gonna go, as it's the same day as Newbury sort out (both are about equidistant in terms of time for me). Was wondering what others on here were planning on?

Newbury is turning more and more into a social thing (good and bad), good selection of second hand kit (good), fewer vendors offering bling (good) but I notice quite a lot of names on that vendor list of products I'd like to see in the flesh. E.g. the much-discussed SP Land Rover and their doors...

Matt

Gah!! I mis-spelled 'Newbury' in the subject line. Mods, please mod! Thanks

This I always thought was plain daft !~

This is TOR taking on / trying to recapture..... having screwed it up once.... the "Donnington 4x4" show,

Donnington Show (originally) which was started by David Llama, taken obve by TOR who then made it worse each year

until the pitifull last year (I was offered a FREE stand...didn't go lol) which was a total off road fail......

Donnington Show was then rekindled again by David ....he made vast efforts to sort it back out - who in Feb ran a superb ecvent.

TOR were there suprised maybe at how busy it was, A TOR staff member came to our stand and asked if I was coming to "Their" event in april,!!!! WTF ??

David bless him when he found outTOR were"Touting exhibitors" on his event day - just laughed !

....and they tried to negotiate a stand price on the F day I was exhibiting lol. Told them I was not interested at any price with their track record - he scuttled away ...

really thats out of order

To have it on the same day as Sodbury is insanity, but it reminds me of the Kelmarsh / Biilling handbags a few years back.

I won't be exhibiting or even bothering to Go, esp as its Old Sod ...thats part of my religion lol

Nige

It's always good to see a new innovation in the Land Rover world, but looking at the "GBLS" website they only list 51 exhibitors with just over a month to go (most of which were at David's show in February!) so the impressive looking floorplan at the bottom of the list with 109 stands marked on it could look a bit empty on the day.

Maybe they'll have room for a Top Gear Live-style indoor challenge arena! :rofl:

Giles

I ordered the free tickets with the view 'I'll see how I'm fixed on the day'. I think a half day ticket will be plenty for me.

I couldn't make donnington this year and I don't bother with many shows as it is as I'd rather have a day in the garage - although maybe that's just my hermit side!

Sodbury's got to be a 5 hour drive for me, now i don't mind a long drive but I can't see it being that good :hysterical:

If I go I will let you know what it was like.

To have it on the same day as Sodbury is insanity, but it reminds me of the Kelmarsh / Biilling handbags a few years back.

I won't be exhibiting or even bothering to Go, esp as its Old Sod ...thats part of my religion lol

Nige

Nige I didn't think it was the old sod running it any more?

And I can't believe you're going to pass on the opportunity to buy a bootful of broken diffs :lol: