Tax Disc LOL

mmgemini

As a young and very immature Uni student we used Newcastle Brown labels on a very un-roadworthy Austin A7 that was more (or less) communally owned, it was known around the Nottingham Campus as the shaggin' wagon. It had numerous holes in the rotten floor, a boot full of ladies discarded underwear and a glove box full of condoms, just being reminded of the beer bottle stickers brings back so many happy memories - thanks for that :i-m_so_happy:

it was known around the Nottingham Campus as the shaggin' wagon. a boot full of ladies discarded underwear and a glove box full of condoms, just being reminded of the beer bottle stickers brings back so many happy memories - thanks for that :i-m_so_happy:

That's my plan for my 90 when she's back together :-)

May I suggest that Boydies example be the one for you to follow Ross ;)

Mo

• Like 1

Another common one back in the 'sixties was a scruffy piece of paper with the words 'Tax in post'

A mate who worked on a building site nicked the disc (which looked right from a distance) off a dumper & was unfortunate enough to be stopped by the plod for a rear-light no working - 'that's funny said the copper, it appears that this vehicle isn't a Ford at all but a Benford' ! nick-nick-nick.

Here in NSW we no longer have road tax stickers, the moment you register your vehicle its on the police data bank, and likewise when it runs out they are automatically notified that the car is unregistered. Consequently we now have cops sitting in their cars off the side of the road with their photo scanners aimed at passing and oncoming traffic, their lap top computer's can recognise the registration number of an unregistered vehicle inside 2 seconds !!!! The fine for driving an unregistered vehicle is 3/4 of the actual registration cost -- and you don't get to drive it home until it is registered !!!

On the same subject, I've got a very authentic looking disc on my RRC now that is a dead ringer for the one that would have been exhibited when the car was first registered. It's in keeping with my desire to keep the RR as original as possible & of course it's now totally legal.

As a young and very immature Uni student we used Newcastle Brown labels on a very un-roadworthy Austin A7 that was more (or less) communally owned, it was known around the Nottingham Campus as the shaggin' wagon. It had numerous holes in the rotten floor, a boot full of ladies discarded underwear and a glove box full of condoms, just being reminded of the beer bottle stickers brings back so many happy memories - thanks for that :i-m_so_happy:

When were you at Nottingham? Fond memories of a similar Austin Westminster