Time to start plumbing these winches in...

RocKeR

I thought I'd try and step out into the big wide world on my own, dad, but there's scary people out there! :wacko:

There there Graham, come back into the safety of the Horsham possy and we'll do a group hug. grouphug.gif

If anybody tells you to use cable ties round the chassis it's like the man in the raincoat offering you sweets, you know what to do, swift kick to the groin!

Every time the chassis makes contact with the ground the cable ties are riped off.

Listen to the elders of the community, like Les. jawa.gif

Graham, use the force to spot the to$$er! happyspoonboy.gif

If anybody tells you to use cable ties round the chassis it's like the man in the raincoat offering you sweets, you know what to do, swift kick to the groin!

Every time the chassis makes contact with the ground the cable ties are riped off.

I knew there must be some reason why I didn't go arround the bottom of tha chassis but arround brackets and through holes :ph34r:

Cable ties around chassis rails, is a no-brainer, the'll get ripped off when ever you scuff anything.

when i did my install (battery in loadspace rather than rear winch) i bought some corrugated trunking from our local car hi-fi shop, ran the cable through it (its the same stuff as in the engine bay on my disco) then followed the fuel lines along the top of the chassis rail, from the engine bay to the rear of the vehicle.

i cable tied the trunking to the fuel line clips in a few places, its relay neat, well out of the way, and survived Morocco without shaking itself to bits.

m@tt.