Engine Mounts

mcc1979ian

ok so iv bought a pair of engine mounts for my v8 conversion from designa chassis but can't for the life of me figure out where they weld to the chassis. Would any of you kind gents be able to show me a photo of your mounts showing position on the chassis please

The most reliable way to get the correct position is to offer up the engine and gearbox with the engine crane, bolt the gearbox mounts up, bolt the new mounts to the engine loosely and tack/weld them onto the chassis. The height of the mounts you can see from the pic above but the front/back position can vary from chassis to chassis. If you are using the V8 style gearbox mounts with the slotted plates that bolt to the three holes through the chassis, make sure the bolts are central in the slots.

With the V8 mounts you can pretty much weld them in with the engine in situ although it's obviously a lot easier to weld if you tack them and then pull the engine back out.