2003 Disco II Driver Window Issue

Indeterminate

Hello all,

I have a 2003 Disco II and I recently encountered a problem with my driver's side front window during an offroad session. The window makes a huge clunk and pop when it is lowered and stops about 2 inches down from the top. If i roll it back up and put slight pressure on the bottom of the pane, it will go down without the pop and without issues. It will then roll up without any manipulation with no issues.

Any ideas as to what this could be? I want to try and diagnose before I pull the panel of the door off.

Thanks,

Indeterminate

almost certainly the plastic roller(s) has broken up.

You can fix it by buying a new regulator or making a new roller from a $1 coin or, my preferred material, a plastic cutting board that is about 2mm thick. You jut cut a square section, a hole in the centre, countersuck and ideally thread a hole on the arm.

Otherwise a small countersink bolt and a nut on the other side, it needs to be trimmed right down to avoid fouling the reset of the mechanism, so a bit of thread lock is good since you won't have more than a few threads out the other side.

Need a few washers in there too so the block can still rotate.

This is one of my pet peeves with the D2's. The window regulators are very weak and poorly designed. I've replaced 2 over the last couple years, and I'm pretty sure my passenger side is close to failing once more.