Tyres and Rims - Improving turning circle

6 hours ago, Anderzander said:

The catch for me is that I much prefer the look of OE wheels to the aftermarket ones. 

I did consider the zero offset Nakatanenga ANR CLASSIC steel rims - but they are 8” and a total fortune ! 

As said, you will get more lock than the alloys. But if you add spacers (only need them at the front). You'll notice a lot more improvement, it will look stock. And is unlikely to cause any real world issues.

5 hours ago, landroversforever said:

I had 255/85R16 muds on my wolfs before and I never had any qualms with the amount of steering lock. 

Agreed. Although I do quite a lot of Trials in my Land Rover(s). And turning radius is of utmost importance. And you can get better turning with a slightly wider track. The stock rims and even 235's can rub the radius arms. So there is more lock to be had.

I effectively run mine without the lock stop nuts in place and use the flange on the axle tube as the lock stop. With the right tyre/wheel combo it makes for very good lock.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, landroversforever said:

I had 255/85R16 muds on my wolfs before and I never had any qualms with the amount of steering lock. 

I run this size tyre & wolf wheels, hasn't given me any problems either with steering lock. 

• Like 1