Drum brake assemblies onto a disc axle?

Hi,

My 90 has been converted to rear discs and I want to put it back to drums. I have a drum axle of the correct year it's pretty ropey but repairable. Can I avoid some late nights welding by swapping stub axles/hubs etc onto the disc axle casing. ie will the holes line up and will it work?

Adam.

Wouldn't bother swapping back to rear drum brakes, most owners would want the easier to look after rear disc brakes, & have better brake performance doesn't matter if it was a rear drum brake vehicle to start with, bit of a pointless backward step IMHO.

Plus the axle serial number wouldn't correspond to the original rear drum braked axle either.

I'm pretty sure the casings are different as the calipers mounts are cast not bolt on like earlyer Salisburys. Plus if it was a bolt on conversion people wouldn't just swap the axle for a disc brakes version.

But I do have to agree with others unless you are building a concours truck exactly as it left the factory I see little point (i have a G plate 90 now on discs).

Mike

As far as I'm aware it's possible, but I very much doubt you'll find a buyer any easier than leaving it with disc, plus it'll be an awful lot easier to maintain.

Considering so many people, me included, are converting Series' to disc brakes.....

Cheers for the replies, on finally checking the casings are quite different. Drum backplates will not line up with the disc axle.

Reason for asking is i have a rotten drum axle and a good disc axle!

Well another £200 spent and a little time and I have a spot on drum axle ready to be fitted.

Gearboxes next!

Adam.