MS - 3.5 with Thor heads - IAC valve settings

=jon=

Well done Jon, sorry about that. Even electronics engineers can miss things...

I used to usually start it on gas. The fuel tank was just a reserve for me.

IIRC the gas evaportator has its own idle screw.

No worries - even buying a new standard car it takes a while figuring out all of it's quirks and foibles - let alone one that's been converted to injection, megasquirt and LPG!!

Next question on the LPG - do the tanks balance each other out as you use them, and is there a level sender per tank that are combined, or a single one? The little LED array under the switch seems to have a mind of it's own - it'll claim it's empty on petrol, switch over and then it'll jump to full, and it went from 3/4 to 1/4/reserve in about 7 miles on the way home from the train station today!

I know they aren't known to be accurate, just trying to figure it all out :)

The tanks balance, there is a T ball valve on the filler side, you will hear it oscillating sometimes when filling.

Only one gauge, as they always equalise.

Ignore the gauge when its in petrol mode, i assume its powered off.

I never found the gauge that inaccurate, its not perfectly linear, but never had that kind of jump.

Its possible the gauge pickup is faulty. They way it works is - theres a float arm inside the tank, and on the valve body is a small pickup that detects a magnet on the float arm, this little pickup just screws on, and can be replaced on its own. Worth checking its not wet or loose.

The tanks balance, there is a T ball valve on the filler side, you will hear it oscillating sometimes when filling.

Only one gauge, as they always equalise.

Ignore the gauge when its in petrol mode, i assume its powered off.

I never found the gauge that inaccurate, its not perfectly linear, but never had that kind of jump.

Its possible the gauge pickup is faulty. They way it works is - theres a float arm inside the tank, and on the valve body is a small pickup that detects a magnet on the float arm, this little pickup just screws on, and can be replaced on its own. Worth checking its not wet or loose.

I guess when I was filling it up the T ball was making the rapid tapping / clicking? It did it for a bit, stopped, did it again and then it was full...

OK - thanks! I'll have a look at it tomorrow :)