£50 New MOT charge

ROGUE TROOPER

This is in appeasement of MOT stations who have bleated about los of income as the MOT testers have every tested vechile logged on the system as to how long there - too short a time adn the dept says "GHow can this be so", I think the offical mionimum time for a test is around 35 minutes, work out then how many cars etc you can test in a day, plus all the computerized paperwork logging on off etc, and there you go

Dunno what all the fuss is about, I mean it is just such good value for money isn't it, a real bertie bargain :angry:

Trust our any government to add a layer of nonsense for no good reason, just let all the scum off and nail the ordinary employed and honest citizens as many times as possible, bearing in mind scum have no assets, no money, and pay no notice to laws anyway

Ho Hum

Nige

This is in appeasement of MOT stations who have bleated about los of income as the MOT testers have every tested vechile logged on the system as to how long there - too short a time adn the dept says "GHow can this be so", I think the offical mionimum time for a test is around 35 minutes, work out then how many cars etc you can test in a day, plus all the computerized paperwork logging on off etc, and there you go

Dunno what all the fuss is about, I mean it is just such good value for money isn't it, a real bertie bargain :angry:

Trust our any government to add a layer of nonsense for no good reason, just let all the scum off and nail the ordinary employed and honest citizens as many times as possible, bearing in mind scum have no assets, no money, and pay no notice to laws anyway

Ho Hum

Nige

And what do you get for your money??! Mine passed UK MOT, exported 2 weeks later to Germany, and failed German Road worthiness test. Gerhard the tester was scratching his head and laughing at the same time in disbelief. He said there was so much play in my drop arm ball joint, that no one had checked it!

And what do you get for your money??! Mine passed UK MOT, exported 2 weeks later to Germany, and failed German Road worthiness test. Gerhard the tester was scratching his head and laughing at the same time in disbelief. He said there was so much play in my drop arm ball joint, that no one had checked it!

Completely off the point, a bomb was found at the end of our street by construction workers yesterday. They are widening the road. Full on unexploded 2nd WW bomb dropped by USA or Brits. Closed the whole area off. Some of my colleagues were not allowed near their houses until defused. These guys were lucky as another construction worker was blown to oblivian earlier this month in Germany when he sunk his JCB into a similar device.

Ho Hum

Nige

getting a bit p**s off are we Nigel

Should i go and clear out the spare room and put the kettle on and await your arival :lol::lol:

VOSA doesn't charge the MOT station the same amount (otherwise the MOT station wouldn't make any money would it?).

With the new system - the MOT station buys in advance log-on time on the system.

If you watch what happens - the tester puts a smart card in a reader and puts the details of the vehicle and test results into the system. As soon as the test is complete, he removes the card - therefore logging off the system - even if he has another vehicle to test straight away. Also - each tester has (or should have), his or her own card.

Les. :)

Guest dew110CSW

Well... the 110 Failed :(

001. Nearside front drag link end ball joint has excessive play

002. Offside front suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessivly corroded

003. Offside front wheel bearing has excessive play

004. Centre brake pipe excesssively corroded

005. Oil leaking onto front N/S brake from steering ball.

One Word, starts with F and rhymes with duck. gotta work out where to go from here (neither me or my dad can weld)

Guest dew110CSW
or sell it, i could do with a cheap 110 :ph34r:

£2200 and it's yours mate, same goes for anyone.

Going to get the guy who tested it to fix it, mate of my dads.