Front shock mounts

muddy

I have pin pin +5" front shocks outside the springs that I have on home made top mounts and standard twin shock style bottom mounts.

I have snapped both bottom mounts off over the last 18months and had problems with them loosening bolts/oveling holes ect.

I will be making some new ones probably that pick up on both radius arm bolts and the panhard rod bracket and or weld them to the axle but I am just fishing for ideas/pictures and or suggestions.

At the minute I have only had to reshape the inner wing slightly and drill a 20mm hole to put the bit on the top of the shocker, if possible I would like to keep this the same as it helps keep the engine bay clean and means I don't have to reloacat anything else.

IMAG1194.jpg

Ideas please.....

Will.

These rough country shocks are 3/8" pin in a 3/4"? Hole so they don't seem to bind up the brackets just can't take the pain it seems, I would like to stick with the shocks as I like the performance vs cost on them and already have 5 of them.

Will.

• 2 weeks later...

You could start by hitting the area to be photographed with a pressure cleaner first so that we could see the problem :angry2:.

Pin to Pin shocks have a movement limitation, rose joints as Dangerous Doug mentioned are an option but given the crud you seem to enjoy driving in the rose joint wont last very long. I would look at welding a "U" bracket onto the existing lower point and selecting a shock(s) that has a conventional bottom "eyelet" connection