3D printing in my Range Rover

Been playing for a while with a 3D printer and have printed this quite a few times refining the model and trying it out. Basically made a phone holder for my P38 which sits snugly besides the radio. I have even provided a hidden power supply. Now I am going to produce one for the Discovery.

Phone%20holder_zpses452hoc.jpg

I am working on a few other projects too and am looking for ideas to try.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ 3D printerrrrrrrr....... :wub:

Combined with 30 years using Autocad in 3D and there is a very powerful combination and great fun.

Here is more of my Disco with the power hub replacing the carp cup holder that broke.

WP_20150501_13_29_06_Pro__highres1_zpsbr

They are brilliant and can only get better with time :)

For none work stuff I made a socket tidy for the toolbox (ok not the most exciting design wise);

20150331_142607%20Medium_zpsankzg1tk.jpg

The light thing for the diff locks;

20141123_092134_zpsxrf9ohvx.jpg

A tarty badge;

20150408_211408_zpspuurxtfa.jpg

I also made a badge for my parents car which someone who does concourse marking thought was genuine :)

I think once structural parts and decent 'rubber' parts become affordable they'll be really useful to the right person.

They are brilliant and can only get better with time :)

I also made a badge for my parents car which someone who does concourse marking thought was genuine :)

I think once structural parts and decent 'rubber' parts become affordable they'll be really useful to the right person.

I have had it since January. The prices have really dropped and for what they are they are superb.

Have spent a fortune on filament and as soon as I go it my kids started selling things at school.

Now only restricted by my imagination although I was really taken aback by how much development the phone holder for the P38 took to get right. I broke about three in use because of the design as too close to my leg when driving. Also had to work out how to fix it to the dash and how to wire it and conceal the wiring as much as possible.

All great fun though.

There is talk of using them to create buildings. That is a scary thought and as an Architect I have been trying to work out how it could be done.

With the advances in technology and the ability to print plastic, metal and even chocolate more and more is going to be printed.

I am looking forward to my metal printer just as well I am divorcing :hysterical:

I'm sure someone did a Austin martin db4 too but I can't remember where.

I think the plus to the 3d printed house is everything is made right rather than relying on the tradesmen to get it right and the services can be integrated. In theory replacement parts can be ordered and fitted.

I'm sure someone did a Austin martin db4 too but I can't remember where.

I think the plus to the 3d printed house is everything is made right rather than relying on the tradesmen to get it right and the services can be integrated. In theory replacement parts can be ordered and fitted.

If you look at the way the Cobra is printed there are only certain elements that are printed with components bolted traditionally. I think the basic shell of a building could be printed but doors electrics plumbing and finishes would still need to be done manually.