Jump to content

Sill channel ?

Recommended Posts

Are the sill channels the galvanised bits that sit above the sill and are visible when you open the door ?

I'm think of fitting some rock sliders and was just looking at a parts book page to see how many brackets are there and saw the sill channel listed ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

no the alloy sill & the floor plates/seatbox cover most of them, only the upper outer corner would be visible.

the sill channel is the sideframe of the body between bulkhead & rear body, so not a part that can be removed or you'll end up with a wobbly body.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

basically a U channel upside down that goes from the firewall mounting bolts to the back bulkhead. if you have station wagon or crew cab the B post bolts onto (or I think is welded on) to this channel.

DONT mount your rock slider onto this channel, it is only about a 2mm thick, 25x40mm (thumbtack) channel, you slide one rock mounted on that channel and your door won't open anymore. rather pull angle iron or similar off your chassis outriggers.

the numpty's I bought my V8 from had the wonderful idea of welding angle iron to the chassis (YAY!! joy!!) which I then had to cut off and clean up VERY nicely so the TÜV didn't have a wobble...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy