2004 discovery TD5 front sun roof got stuck

kaijun

My 2004 landy TD5 front sunroof got stuck, it doesn't open. I have disengaged the motor, the motor is fine and able to spin in both directions. I think there is mechnic fault in the sunroof. I can hear click by pressing sunroof button. I tried to pull the headlining to detach the sunroof assembly, it is difficult to pull down the headlining for the hooks for sun visor can not be unscrewed. Has anyone happened to know what causes the problem and how to repair it? Thanks!

Just remove the four glass retaining screws and you will have full access to the tracks and drive gear which may require a bit of lubricant, or the nylon track slider/wheels could be damaged and jammed in the track... thats the bad news as they are not a listed replacement part.

Just remove the four glass retaining screws and you will have full access to the tracks and drive gear which may require a bit of lubricant, or the nylon track slider/wheels could be damaged and jammed in the track... thats the bad news as they are not a listed replacement part.

today I tried to remove plastic caps from the outside, it seems impossible. the screws are not possible to be unscrewed for small space without pull down the headlining.

Just remove the interior trim around the glass its just a push on fit then pull down slightly the edge of the headlining and with the correct torx bit and an extension u can easily reach the screw head, there's even cut outs in the metal frame to enable the bit to access the screw head.