2004 discovery TD5 won't start smoothly

kaijun

Yesterday, my landy whined but not started at warm state, I tried twice and it still failed, later I turned off radio and weather control, got it start. I changed battery this January and injector harness one week ago. This morning worked fine with radio and weather control off. I feel it didn't start quickly as before. Maybe this is symptom for a potential problem to appear in near future. Any ideas of how to diagnose it by DIY?

When you say "whined", do you mean the starter-motor turned but didn't engage with the engine, or were you getting a whining noise from the electric fuel-pump in the fuel-tank?

If the first, that could hint at a high resistance in the wiring (I'd check the engine-to-chassis and battery-to-chassis earth connections first) preventing the starter-motor/solenoid getting full voltage.

A whining fuel-pump suggests you have injector copper-washer problems.