Bulkhead door pillars

Hi, I am replacing the door pillars on my bulkhead and the feet at the bottom, I've fitted a complete new footwell but can anyone tell me or suggest a thread or tec article telling you the best way to get the inserted piece at the top out of the bulkhead without doing to much damage .

cheers Ian

It will be held in place by some spot weld, you need to find them out then drill them with a special spot weld dril, that's how I'd go about it.

You should be able to find the spots by the wee dimple they leave in the surface.

I've had good experiences with these ones from eBay 160434407349.

Cheers Maverik, will have a look to see if I can find them. the ones I've brought arrived today (pic below) off ebay and they appear to be the same size as the outer part of the bulkhead as they are pressed out and have the hole for the wiring in, so am wondering if you cut thhole thing out and replace it with this

cheers Ian

post-105423-0-86684700-1432824196_thumb.jpg

• 6 years later...

On a similar topic, does anyone know the exact (!) distance between the centre lines of the big bolt mounting holes for the Defender door pillar/bulkhead feet . . . . I have a repaired one which seems to be 1497mm . . . odd that it's not 1500mm  -  oh! sorry - this is a Land Rover ! ! !  Just wondered if it had been bashed?  Many thanks Paul