Oil and Water Usage

siearl

Just been out and checked the oil and water and whilist the water is lower than it should be the oil is well below what it should, Was only checked about 3 weeks ago and both were very low then, not really done lots and lots of mile prob about 1500 since last checking.

Have searched the engine bay and no obvious leaks or any puddles on the floor. ENgine seems to be running fine and is not running at high temp.

Any one got any ideas

Just been out and checked the oil and water and whilist the water is lower than it should be the oil is well below what it should, Was only checked about 3 weeks ago and both were very low then, not really done lots and lots of mile prob about 1500 since last checking.

Have searched the engine bay and no obvious leaks or any puddles on the floor. ENgine seems to be running fine and is not running at high temp.

Any one got any ideas

fill it up again and keep an eye on it. My 300 has used oil at times and then non for ages. Depends what you are doing with the engine. Drive it hard will use a bit off oil over time.

When i was driving around Aus i checked the water and oil every morning. Most of the time it was ok but now and again for no reason it would go down. I mean no reason it went down a bit after a day of driving though sand. So pretty tough day