TD4 under bonnet fuel hose - can't find spares?

gadget

Our freelander came home today and swmbo said "I think in can smell diesel" will you take a look...

Big diesel fountain under the bonnet :(

One fuel hose has rubbed through the another is well on its way.

I've had a look in the usual places for replacemnt hoses but am struggling to find any replacements or part numbers.

The hose that's currently holed goes from one of stainless pipes at the front of the engine to a t-piece connected to the fuel filter. The other problem hose is a short straight piece from the other stainless pipe at the front of the engine.

Can anyone point me to a parts diagram with the under bonnet fuel hoses and part numbers please?

Have a look at the pinned posts (manuals / parts catalogues sites) pinned at the top of the part numbers forum. Unless it's a very high pressure hose you should be able to repair/replace with standard fuel hose and barbed fittings & jubilee clips by the metre from motor factors / hose shop. Obviously blah blah fuel blah blah high pressure fluids blah blah safety/fire/death/galloping lurgi warnings etc. etc.

Already checked the parts sites i normally use. Lrcat usually shows me what i need but i'm not managing to find any diagrams or part numbers for under bonnet fuel hoses. The fact that i'm not finding any part numbers on any of the search sites makes me think i'm doing something wrong this time :blink:

A few feet of fuel hose and clips was by backup plan :i-m_so_happy:

Temporary repair in place that should be ok until i get replacement pipes.

I had to fix the under bonnet fuel system on a TD4 last year. There's a valve thingy that diverts fuel to the cooler - dependent on fuel temperature. Enquiries revealed that you can't buy a part of the under bonnet fuel system, which is pretty much everything and was eye-wateringly expensive. In the end I went to a L/R breakers in Glos, and bought the valve for £25. 3 jubilee clips later and it was fixed.

The info was from the local Main dealer, and they said that was all that's available. Might be different from other sources though.

Les.

Just get some from a local motor factors, as long as it's suitable for fuel delivery. Usually about a quid per foot (30cm). Low pressure before the injector pump, so don't tighten anything mental.

The above price doesn't include buying it from Halfords, as not only will the spotty nerk that serves not know what you are talking about, but in the unlikely event that he manages, it'll be double that because it'll be bright blue, green, red, orange, etc, and have MAX POWER printed on it.

Les.