Td5 wiper issues.

So i should be glad they swish swash at all right?!?

The intermittent setting is the same as the normal speed wipe and when you cancel the wiper lever the blades stop exactly where they are instead of returning to the bottom of the screen.

Any ideas? Flat carburettor? Renegade ecu? Moaning about nothing? :D

I think the old park switch in theory would work. I think the difference between tdi and td5 lies in the gear more than the park switch.

However I would buy a new one. They aren't expensive, and who knows, the old one might work for a month then pack in as well..

You guys. I'm not even gonna bother getting a Haynes manual!

I have an old indicator/wiper unit, can I pillage the switch from there? It's from an 85 defender. Will that work in a td5?

pre 300tdi stalk isn't wired to run the intermittent wash/wipe settings, I had to replace the stalk in my '89 110 to get the intermittent working as it should, old stalks have a down press 'flick' wipe.

Right, I'm catching on now! I imagined that switch being at the stalk, hence thinking I might cannibalise one to fix the other- not gonna work in this case!

I'll have to see about getting a new one ordered. I was kind of hoping (as with the last 4 jobs that needed doing) I could just wander into the 'parts department', fish around for 5 minutes, then emerge with the part I needed. :)

pre 300tdi stalk isn't wired to run the intermittent wash/wipe settings, I had to replace the stalk in my '89 110 to get the intermittent working as it should, old stalks have a down press 'flick' wipe.

Would another option be to fit the whole older unit and avail of the flick swipe instead of the intermittent setting? I could live with a sprung lever better than the setup as it is. Easier to manually park the blades that way at least.

Intermittent came in at least for 200Tdi, think it was around the turn of the 90s some time. My 1992 and 1993 models have both had it.

They have flick-wipe too, you just push the stalk up towards normal speed enough to engage a sweep but not enough to flick over into the normal speed position. Not as easy as just pushing down against a spring no, but you get quite proficient at it :)