IVA Advise for Project

WesBrooks

Couldn't get on the forum for a while there.

Like you say the weight limit for car-derived vans makes that not possible.

However, It's 2040kg for the dual purpose vehicles.

The points I was talking about were how you could get a van classed as dual purpose and hense M1. I'd also missed that if the vehicle was all wheel drive it didn't need to achieve these points. Therefore as far as I can see any 4x4 upto 2040kg unlaiden can go through the IVA as M1, and benefit from the normal speed limits. Pickup or van body.

Dual purpose vehicles

A dual purpose vehicle is a vehicle constructed or adapted for the carriage both of passengers and of goods and designed to weigh no more than 2,040 kg when unladen, and is either:

• constructed or adapted so that the driving power of the engine is, or can be selected to be, transmitted to all wheels of the vehicle

or

• permanently fitted with a rigid roof, at least one row of transverse passenger seats to the rear of the driver’s seat and will have side and rear windows - there must also be a minimum ratio between the size of passenger and stowage areas

One of the questions on the form for the SVA was the max speed of the vehicle. I filled in 70 MPH, as this is the max legal speed and this allows you to fit just about any tyre in the future.

Not sure if the IVA is asking this as well, but a point to consider.

Daan