Door seals recommendation

Can anyone recommend any door seals for defender?

All my defenders have puma doors I've purchased new, one of them has cheap pattern door seals which are very supple and allow the door to shut perfectly, Unfortunatly I can't remember where they came from as was a year or two ago.

The other defender I've tried various pattern door seals and they were so hard the door would hardly shut as they wouldn't compress. I then splashed out £130 on a pair of genuine latest spec ones from main dealer, they were better, but still nowhere near as supple as the cheap ones on the other vehicle, causing the door to bounce back when shutting without a firm slam, despite hours of minor adjustments to striker, door, bending door frame, adjusting seal mounting flanges etc.

Anyone any other door seal recommendations?

I bought aftermarket due to the price of genuine. Mine were so stiff, they bent the bottom of the rear doors outwards! I 'think' the ones I bought were Allmakes. They wouldn't have been britpart for sure! This was with the old doors, when I finally get a new set of doors, I will go genuine.

I had to cut a slit in the underside of the P section on the Allmakes ones in order to get them to fold over each other as the door shut. This worked well, but isn't what we should need to do.

Just make sure you get the very latest Puma type.

As I understand it LR modified the seals so that they were much better than the TD5 type.

Have a search on Defender2. I'm sure I saw a thread with pics over there.

I have the very latest puma genuine ones from main dealer bought three months ago at full price - they are not as good as the pattern ones on my other 90, but I don't know where I got the pattern ones from. Guess I'll continue slamming the doors!

Il be honest. That's the first time I've heard a bad word said about the later genuine ones. Most folk say they are a huge improvement.

Have you had a search for the thread I mentioned above?

Do these PUMA seals fit all models??

Didnt some of the later seals attach to the door rather than the frame? (bottom rear door seal perhaps?)

Speaking as a nearly new Puma owner then yes the latest Puma seals will fit all models with the later all steel doors. They have a better seal fitted to the bottom of the doors that do away with the little rubber blocks ...that used to fall off anyway. I can take pics if required.