X-Eng X-Plugs by Xcess ! - Enough Xs lol ? & crayons are out

Righty Ho

Hopefully no one will say this is spamming, if it is then I'll happily delete it but I really need some help thoughts and input to a new product idea.

1st, Simon Rafferty has very very VERY kindly given me his bleesing ne even aproval to make the X-Plugs, which I am in the process of finalising the first batch

of 200 units (I KNOW tyhese are good) as with all things CNC more = cheaper, so watch this space. I also wnated it clear that when I basically copy Sis design its with his KNOWLEDGE .im not doing a scorpion racing on him or anyone....

Now, I bludy LOVE these things (Hence why I am so chuffed to get to make them thanks Si !) and have a selection of them in the 90 (5 !)

They fit all Long Nose Casings - 90 disco RR 110 etc, in the drain part of the axle, they also fit the filler and also the LT230 filler...

They are frankly superb !

Think of your Axle and diff being driven, its basically now a giant hot oil filled dishwasher, and the new clean oil just washes all the metal debris about and

loosens it, the X-Plug grabs this and anyone who has one will tell you they near ***t themselves on first oil change with the plug being so strong there was a metal fir tree on it ....

How strong ?

Well, LR do a Magnetic Plug, my tests on a new one shows 2 oz it will hold

my Tests on a X-plug with a LR CW which is just over 6KGs shows it will hold it in the air. thats 105 Oz, or in simple tems 210x strobnger lol !

So, it got me thinking..and the crayons came out :D...

post-22-0-34056900-1437587321_thumb.jpg

Is there a market for this X-Plug but for

TD5 200 300Tdi V8 Engines ? at around say £10-15 No vat

R380 gearboxs LT77 boxes Series 1 2 3 LT85 ZF22 ZF24 etc etc

Cleaner the oil the better for whatever is in it, I still think engines even with filters will benifit, gearboxes more so....do you agree,

is this worth sinking a load of capital in to ?

So,

Can some kind souls post up part numbers of various LR engine / Gearbox Part numbers, ....and also if they think its worth me persuing

and...if you think its daft / has drawbacks ...................PLEASE squeak !

Nige

I wondered out loud why the drain plug on engines didn't have a magnet and was told that most of the stuff whizzing around in there is non magnetic/alloy so no point.

Must admit when i dropped the sump, the bits in the bottom were all alloy but still, it can't hurt can it?

Malcolm

I wondered out loud why the drain plug on engines didn't have a magnet and was told that most of the stuff whizzing around in there is non magnetic/alloy so no point.

Must admit when i dropped the sump, the bits in the bottom were all alloy but still, it can't hurt can it?

Malcolm

... more likely white metal from the bearing shells, best place to look is next time you do an oil change, cut the filter can open, and squeeze the oil out of the paper core in a vice then have a look between the paper cores...

Hmmmm

Ok

I have done some research and its interesting !

For engines :

2.5P

2.5D

2.5TD

300TDi engine is UAM2957 not sure if this is a old supercedded number ? 200 guessing might be the same ?

V8 Carbs are 603659 but need to look to see if all other V8s are the same ?

and ALL LT230 Tboxes - the sump / drain plugs are 599552 ...so 1 x Unit covers a fair range !

LT77

LT77s

R380

All use FTC6145...so another good coverage.

LT85 gbox is a odd ball 90571104

So, other than whats above any additional suggestions to put into the inventing pot ?

any help on part numbers / or info much appreacited.

This is going to be looked at as my next product set !

Pressed the button today on the Xcess _ X-Eng_X-Plugs - 200x ouch ... lol

Nige

Found it - RTC4647

For starters Now I have the X-Plugs on the CNC I can turn my attention to Plan B

thinking

• Oil Drain plug for all LT230s (Pretty Much every LR has one exp BW TBoxes)
  • 300 TDi Engine Drain plug Hugely popular Engine
  • 200 TDi Engine Drain plug (which also covers a load of other engines)
  • LT77 / LT77s Gearboxes & R380 Units

These 4 new Plugs will cover a large range of LRs and Models, so will start with these 1st

Christ doing Deepfdatfryer stuff before V8s - eek :rofl:

Thanks for help, and if anyone has ideas part numbers info or anything please do add !

Nige

Excellent news!

Much narrower market but:

Freelander diff / ird would seem a good idea as they need all the help they can get

Volvo portals have 3x as many fill/drain plugs as Rovers, magnetic ones for those would be bonanza but I don't know what they are off the top of my head.

Rover V8 sump plug - later P38 size (small) which I suspect would also fit some Freelanders etc.

You could also work out sizes & sell filtermags to fit given Rover filter part numbers, I'd by a set.

As robertspark says - list the threads when you sell 'em so people can make them fit, Hyphose sell an adapter for everything to everything else after all ;)

If they're like the current X plugs, they'll have a hex head. Not enough meat to screw the magnet on if its got the 1/2" drive.

Tis a shame as the hex kinda gets erased from the axle drain plugs when you play with rocks etc. (Ask Mo how he knows and why he asks !!)

I'd prefer to see a solution that adopts a Torx / 1/2 inch drive solution for axle applications.....

Most other areas are not subject to such abrasion...