X-Eng X-Plugs by Xcess ! - Enough Xs lol ? & crayons are out

• Oil Drain plug for all LT230s (Pretty Much every LR has one exp BW TBoxes)

And what about the serie Landrovers? :angry2:^_^

LT76 TBox and diffs all use 540870(Hexagon) or 235592(slotted)

Sump 3MB 4 cilinder 536577

Sump 5MB 4 cilinder 599552 (might be the same thread size. Not sure)

V8 and 200tdi 603659

By the way. The FTC6145 you mentioned should be FRC6145

Eric

I had one in both the filler and drain on my axles. Sadly with the D4 diffpans I've had to loose the fill ones.

When you had them in both filler and drain do you remember how much collected on each? ie was there twice as much on the drain?

What about swivels for CV joints or is everyone grease filling these days?

I'm impressed by how much people say they seem to remove / collect which must be a good thing to remove abrasive particulate matter entrained in oil. Power steering? how far would you go to stick a magnet?

Rob

Well....

Spent most of the day at the cnc shop....which is bad news on wallet lol

Have agreed a range of units pretty much as outlined above which because each is in the 100s is wallet scaring time.

Used his pc and have gone bonkers and have ordered a huge number of N50 grade neomagnets..

These being the super bollox grade lol..

Will report back with progress

Can't ember which but the ones I am doing also cross over to series stuff !

Cnc man happy ...calced at 4.5 days machining

Eeek !

Well "N50" got me thinking ... I've bought N35 before but did not know what the N50 improvement would be...

...GIYF: http://www.ndfeb-info.com/neodymium_grades.aspx

https://www.kjmagnetics.com/calculator.asp

likewise I never knew there was an acceptable temperature range either... (thinking about one in a dry sump / oil tank application...)

Rob

Total is 990 various units with different machining / base units created on a huge number of variants...

As with all things cnc volume brings costs down which = lower sale price =cheaper and more likely to sell....which when I look at the £ capital outlay I sure do hope so lol

The point made about the hex head is valid: I haven't bought these plugs for this reason. If they were steel with a internal square, I would buy them in an instant.

I would buy the magnetic engine drain plugs as well, as long as they are steel.

Daan

a square indent was discussed but it would mean broaching .....and would mean also a serious increase in sticky outmess

and the costs of broaching are "Not Insignificant" vs a 17mm socke /spanner size.

The steel we are looking to use is some slightly looney tough stuff he has left over .....a high EN rating so less whackaday denty.

Can anyone tell I've been on da merlot

:D

I looked at several options for the mechanism of removal including the 1/2" square hole. Unfortunately, broaching is slow and added (IIRC) about 50% to the cost. I made a version with a milled square (looked a bit like a 4 leaf clover). It worked great and was low cost to make. The reason I didn't go with either of these was the holes fill up with magnetic dust which is surprisingly difficult to remove. I spent too long digging it out with a screwdriver. It's surprising how much ferrous dust they collect just on the road.

The male Hex worked the best overall. When I first launched them (at Billing) I had two batches, one made in Steel and the other in Anodised HE15 Aluminium in Red & Blue. I only sold 1 Steel one against 200 Aluminium. Against my better judgement - the Aluminium won the day.

After a while, it was obvious people were having trouble removing the Aluminium ones so I re-launched them in Steel (with the original stock left from Billing). I think that they needed to be bright to get peoples attention initially. Once they had become established, people bought them for what they did, not for what they looked like. There-after they were steel. The Steel & Aluminium versions cost the same to make.

Si