Disco 2 V8 Manual Gearbox ECU - Part Number

garrycol

Hi - I need to buy a used ECU to fit a Landrover Discovery 2 V8 manual. I understand that different ECUs are used for engines fitted with manual gearboxes and those fitted with auto gearboxes.

Research so far has thrown up two part numbers NNN100460 and NNN100470. I think the 70 number is for the engine with an auto box but I don't know.

Can anyone confirm if the ECUs are different and what part number matches what ECU?

Thanks

Garry

Thanks for that - brings in another part number - age is not an issue as the ECU will be going into another vehicle after remapping ot be standalone but it must be from a manual vehicle not an auto.

So I guess the two part number 470 and 640 are autos later to newer.

Cheers

Garry

In fact, was the D2 V8 actually ever offered with a manual?

Plenty of manuals out there.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Land-Rover-Discovery-2000/OAG-AD-2136459/?gts=OAG-AD-2136459&gtssaleid=OAG-AD-2136459

For my project I was told to get a manual ECU so I assume they are different. Obviously the engine does not need to talk to the manual gearbox where the auto has its own ECU and I assume the two needs to talk to each other - again I assume the engine ECU will not be looking for the gearbox ECU in a manual.

Cheers

Garry

Worst case it'll log a fault saying there are CAN communication problems.

It's strange, I can't find anything about different part numbers or whatever, but I also can't find a setting in the ECU for it (like GEMS has) in the Nanocom docs.

Well actually I am hoping I am totally wrong (and your advice is spot on) and there is only one ECU and it has part number NNN100470 as i can know where i can get some locally for a good price. But I need to be sure first.

cheers

Garry