Vacuum pump diaphragms for a 110

deep

Hello Jon W,

I've quite literally an identical issue to the original poster. Sounds like 4 options:

1. switch to an electric vacuum pump.

2. take the standard pump and drive from a 19J (2.5TD) and fit to 12J motor. A bit of a squeeze by all accounts but can be done and original poster confirms it works.

3. find diaphragms for the specific SER85 MOD VACUM Autoplas BombA De Vacio, by all accounts the pump is no longer made but there are suppliers in Spain who can supply (I'm following up on Estanfi). 

4. use diaphragm from similar pump and cut to size. the following link offers a 10 EURO chance of success but there is no confirmation this will work on the pump identified

https://www.bearmach.es/productos/3/land-rover-parts/producto/9736/176252rep

Let me know how you get on. I'm going to suggest to my yard they try to fit the standard pump and drive from 19J to my 12J if when I dismantle and try to find the alternative part from option 4 it doesn't fit or work.

Kind regards

• 4 weeks later...

I went with option 4. The diaphragm from Bearmach. Hole placement was identical although the shape doesn't quite look right the pump seals and operates. I also found the whole thing was plumbed incorrectly. Moved the pipes around, new pipe to servo and it works.

IMG-20211116-WA0012.jpeg

IMG-20211116-WA0014.jpeg