Fitting a Disco 2 TD5 front propshaft onto a Discovery 200Tdi

Gandalf the Grey

I need some advice if possible please.

I needed to replace my Disco 200 Tdi front prop and had read and heard that some folk had replaced it with a D2 Td5 front prop.

Well, I went ahead and bought a new D2 Td5 front prop and when coming to install it, I find that the flange on the diff is too small compared to the mating face on the propshaft.

I then went and ordered (what I thought was the correct flange) Part No STC4858 and now find that this one will not fit in the diff nor is it big enough to fit to the propshaft.

Any suggestions on which flange will fit a 200Tdi front diff and will be the right fit for the prop or have I wasted my money and time?

I have been informed that the prop is not fitted with the sliding end toward the trfr box, but the other way around.

So now, need the flange on the trfr box that will fit the prop and I also need to find the part number for a new flange for the diff, as the existing one is a bit scored.

Problem is, I can't seem to find one for a 93 200 Tdi

The double carden goes at the transfer box end not the diff what you need is a d2 transfer box front output flange it's a straight swap you can do it without draining the oil but you need to be quick and the seal needs to be in good order. Once done the prop will bolt straight in.

Mike

The double carden goes at the transfer box end not the diff what you need is a d2 transfer box front output flange it's a straight swap you can do it without draining the oil but you need to be quick and the seal needs to be in good order. Once done the prop will bolt straight in.

Mike

Thanks Mike, pity I didn't know or realise this before removing the diff flange. Although, the seal needed doing.

I think I will have to drain oil, as I would replace the seal, seeing as I am taking off the flange. Saves me having to do it at a later stage.

Would this be the correct part to get, that would fit the large end of the propshaft?

http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/408398/2720/transfer_box_fr_flange_kit_disc11