Whitbread standard tubular wings

I've just started fitting the panels on a Whitbread tubular wing kit (standard wing shape) and come to fit the original wheel spats and they don't seem to be a brilliant fit ...... Not far away .

So has anyone on here fitting they're original spats back on and what did they fit like ?

Just checking before i force mine on ....

Also what have people done with heater intake , as I can't get the plastic duct to fit in ????

Thanks in advance

Gary

Hi Gary, have a look at my build thread (link below) as I used whitbread standard wings for my build.

I made a steel frame to rivet the spats too and yes the standard heater intake doesn't fit now. At the moment I'm still running with a cut down version jammed in the gap, but want to make a new one sometime!

Hope that helps!

Steve

@ Mike ,o.k thanks for that

@ Steve , just read you thread , you've done a really tidy job with great attention to detail , only wish I'd read it before ordering my tubular wings , yours is by far the tidiest solution to get tubular wings whilst keeping the standard shape

Thanks

Gary