Early Defender fuel filler and cap.

Hi

Could someone be so kind as to take a picture of their early (84/5) build year defender fuel filler neck so I know what to look out for. I don't want to spend £290 from LR especially if it's wrong!

It should not be a series neck/cap as the thin metal cap I have won't fit anything I've tried so far. So it's specific to early 90/110.

Adam

Part no of cap NRC9572

And hopefully the neck is NRC9424

• Like 1

In the parts book it listed my type upto 86 upto vin above but it also listed a different type looked like the later plastic cap type upto 86 upto a different vin (not to hand) both for 110's. There is also a third type listed as anti leak (roll over) but I didn't look at part numbers it looks similar to mine. Also the is a 2 prong cap version of mine but it only lists the cap the neck only has one part number.

Mike

Sorry I was not quite correct the plastic cap (ntc2757 non locking non vented, rtc4741 locking non vented and rtc4740 locking vented) and neck (ntc2676 diesel and ntc2690 petrol) were fitted from vin 254503 to 1986 (but I think it was the same upto 300tdi ish). The anti roll over was nrc2536 neck and nrc2538 cap. So if yours is pre vin 254503 then it should be the same as mine (the 2 or 3 lug cap depends on type of extension tube) if not it's the later plastic one which is actually all the way up to vin wa159806.

Mike

In the parts book it listed my type upto 86 upto vin above but it also listed a different type looked like the later plastic cap type upto 86 upto a different vin (not to hand) both for 110's. There is also a third type listed as anti leak (roll over) but I didn't look at part numbers it looks similar to mine. Also the is a 2 prong cap version of mine but it only lists the cap the neck only has one part number.

Mike

So my VIN starting 261xxx rather flies in the face of the above. There is of course the possibility that it had been changed over the years, or just that as I said before, LR had some bits to use up ?

Hi,

Thanks for helping. My vin begins 2499 and upon a little more research the neck I need looks like this.

Which fits the cap nrc9572.

I had to fit the later tube and plastic cap a few years ago as the original was rotten, and I want to make it right and looking its age again.

If anyone knows the part number of the tube or has one I would like it.

Adam.post-79682-0-26926200-1440534860_thumb.jpgpost-79682-0-15519600-1440534868_thumb.jpg