You Have A New Moderator

Les Henson

Stand by your beds you 'orrible shower!

I'd have been in here earlier today, but I had problems accessing the threads. Afraid it's going to be a flying visit, as I'm off the DSEi military expo for a couple of days first thing in the morning.

Bob

" Welcome back! "

Thanks. I knew the BBB campaign would win in the end. ;)

There were a couple of interesting little Land Rover snippets picked up at the show, but as some are 'commercial in confidence' and as highlighting the others at this stage might draw the attention of those writers who know very little about military Land Rovers to their existence, I'll be keeping things close to my chest for a bit. The primary reason that I can still walk onto the Land Rover stand, and the stands of the primary convertors, after having covered the topic in monthly print for almost 18 years, and still get a handshake and hospitality (thanks for the Malt, Penman Engineering) is because they know they can rely on me to only let out information gleaned when the time is right.

As for the Pinzgauers, I don't suppose their MD would be too happy if I went into too much detail about the problems that the Kiwis are allegedly having with gearboxes married to the new Euro III compliant engine in their brand new fleet. When a Pinz goes wrong, which it has to be said isn't very often, it usually can't be fixed with an Irish screwdriver, a plumber's wrench, a Leatherman and a length of wire.

Bob