Does my ve table look right

Rangie46

Guys hope you can help, been running one of Nigel's kits for over a year now and to be honest I tuned it a bit in turner studio when I installed ms and then left it and have just been driving it, it's a 4.0 gems v8 in a 90 with manual trans, 1.4 transfer box,,standard LR axles and 33 inch tyres, have been looking at my maps and it drives well but does drink the fuel abit, below is a screen shot of the ve table I have at the moment from ts, from looking at the tables posted in other threads mine seams a bit high, am I doing something wrong?

vetable_zpsoklqyaay.jpg

Then yes I would say it is VERY rich!

Suspect if you have tuned this with a lambda, it is dead, reading lean all the time, and stuffing up your VE table.

What does the gauge in TS show at various points in rev range?

cheers bowie, looking at the gauges in turner studio they all work fine, but I went out today and did a log and did notice the afr gauge is constantly swinging from rich to lean, it also smells rich, got underneath the motor as well to see if I had any exhaust leaks and couldn't find anything, ive attached the log I did today and current msq, maybe a grown up who knows what they are looking at can see anything wrong

28-08-15.msq

Other than the TPS calibration, broadly things seem to be working OK I think, where the lambda is sayng "hey I'm too rich", the Gego is backing off the fuel.

How long have you logged for in the past? I'd suggest you need at LEAST a 30 minute tune to get things moving in the right direction. What is your target AFR table? Can you screenshot it and post it?

I would also turn your lambda controller authority down to 5%, whilst it is taken into account in the calculations that is a LARGE margin.

You're also not visiting the upper cells very much at all, i.e. you need to get in there and murder it up to 5800rpm (well that's my limit anyways), and do it a fair bit,from idle to full throttle, half, quarter, cruise at fixed RPM points to get certain cells really well covered, having a mate with live tuning helps LOADS, as they can tell you were you need to drive, faster, slower, etc etc, PLAN the tune, after 3-4 hours driving you will have a decent table.

It will look mad to the cars behind but it is all necessary :)

thank you guys, bowie must admit I didn't hit wot on that log as I had the kids with me and just wanted to do a wee log to see if you guys could see anything was a miss, do I calibrate tps every time before a log then? re the afr table, I am using whatever ts and mlv uses as it's default for narrow band, looks like I really need to do some decent datalogging then, thank you so much guys for your help, I will report back once this rain gives over and ive done some decent datalogging.

• 2 weeks later...

bit of an update, as it was me birthday last weekend swmbo got me a lc-2, but turner studio has started playing silly buggers since installing the update and keeps going offline when trying to use ve analyse, :angry2: so ive gone back to datalogging and using MLV, but still even with the wideband I am still getting high numbers on the ve table as can be seen below, I can only guess that I must have some sort of exhaust leek somewhere so I think its time for a complete new exhaust unless you guys have any other ideas?

post-39639-0-66338500-1441979167_thumb.png

If you're running in the right ballpark as far as the lambda sensor is concerned then maybe your fuel regulator is a bit low in pressure or your fuel pump is down. While the VE and required fuel are a guide all they really do is determine the time the injectors are open for and less fuel pressure or lower than normal injector throughput for whatever reason means less fuel going into the cylinder.

Does the GEMS still have the vacuum link on the regulator ? I can't remember but if it does and it's not connected maybe the pressure is too low as a result.

cheers dave the gems does have a vacuum link for the fpr which I have a T connected to for the map sensor, but the fuel pressure is some thing i didn't think of, something to look at as i don't think its the pump as that was brand new from nige when i got the kit. cheers.

well what a tit am I :blush: fitted new adjustable fpr and couldn't get a reading on the gauge :angry2: so I thought I must have been sold a dud, took gauge off and attached it to the compressor and it works :unsure: right must be a prob with the pump, but it was brand new so I took the seat out pulled the pump out and, well the pipe that I had to extend on the range rover pump to fit the 90 tank had disconnected, can't believe it actually ran let alone drove, so reconnected it and now I have pressure :i-m_so_happy: time to finally get it all tuned in nice, big thanks to everyone and dave w you got it bang on mate, shall post my new table once I have done a little tuning.

• Like 1

cheers bowie thanks for all your help, went for a little drive earlier and managed to get ts ve analyse working again, and I now have a ve table that looks half decent and she goes so much better :i-m_so_happy:had to start with niges base map again as my old table was wayyyy to rich here's my new table, still needs work but shouldn't take to long now with the lc-2

post-39639-0-68369200-1442613726_thumb.png