P38 Key code lockout .

P38 Paul

• 5 months later...

Is it possible to get the radio code with the nanocom. Just bought a 1999 V8 Bosch P38 with 31000 on the clock but seller did not have neither key code or code for the original radio.

I trust I may retrieve the key code with the nanocom but not sure about the original Radio. any guesses or advice.

12 hours ago, elbekko said:

There are websites that tell you the key code based on the VIN for a small fee.

Or check that it's not written on the radio, mine has it written in sharpie on the top when you pop it out.

Get in touch with your local main stealer. Two local to me have provided EKA codes withiout charging. The will also have the radio code.

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2015 at 12:06 PM, Simon_CSK said:

Disconnect both leads from the battery and connect them together for 30 seconds. This tends to wipe fault codes from the memory and lets you start afresh.

Replace the micro switch in driver door that one always fails

• 3 months later...

Hi. I thought I would just like to thank the forum and add my input from a 1997 Range Rover issue yesterday. To get the key code to work, I had to wait 30 mins with the key in the ignition on one turn to clear the lockout code. Disconnection the battery did not assist. I then had to turn clockwise 4 times before then following the 5 second twist and code. To my surprise is suddenly worked as was getting nowhere before this. To note this was a left hand drive vehicle. Thanks 

• 11 months later...
On 12/23/2018 at 6:18 AM, Escape said:

Paul, I'm not gonna put this on a public forum, but you'll get a pm. 😉

Best precaution is not to use superlock, it's not that the P38 is that likely to be stolen anyway. You need to be sure both remote(s) and driver door actuator are fully operational if you superlock it. That way, should either one fail, you can still get in with the other. If the car is really superlocked, smahing a window wont even help you, because you won't be able to unlock or open the door from the inside either. And taking the door card off with the door closed is impossible as far as I know  (without doing a lot more damage).

You should always be able to mechanically unlock the driver's door, either locked or superlocked, and take it from there. Should the mechanical link fail, at the same time as the remote, at least without superlock you can unlock from the inside (after you get in). If you remove the rear door, you have just enough access to cut through the front door catch so you can open that and get to the inside if the lock is jammed or the links broken.

Filip

Hi, any chance of a direct message...  I'm locked out of the p.38 year 2000.  The manual key is not working and I don't have a FOB key.  The car is super locked... and I believe the microswitch in the left drivers door has failed.  So far can not enter EKA and I did not see 'Keycode Error on the dash'.  Any guidance on how to get into the car would be appreciated....  Cheers, Steve in Oregon...  steve970@gmail.com

If you're sure the Range is super locked, I fear there are no solutions without breaking things... Which is pretty much what the super lock is designed to do, and a good reason not to use it (or disable it).

If the manual key isn't working and the dash doesn't respond to turning it, chances are the plastic lever at the lock has sheared which means the latch doesn't get any input so can't unlock.