2007 transfer box oil level

Hi all,

Ive had a search and it seems that the fill plug is not also a level plug which seems a stoopid idea - anyway without draining out all the oil and re filling with the correct amount, does anyone know where the oil level should be in relation to the fill plug. I only want to top it up as has all been serviced fairly recently.

Thanks

I suspect the Caution at top of this page from my Tdci manuals is incorrect as it does not give the transfer box oil level plug location, but the text at diagram calls it a fill plug,which we all know is the same fill/level plug, fluid level is still 2.3 litres same as any other 90/110 LT230 transfer box.

post-20-0-17886400-1441824957_thumb.jpg

I suspect the Caution at top of this page from my Tdci manuals is incorrect as it does not give the transfer box oil level plug location, but the text at diagram calls it a fill plug,which we all know is the same fill/level plug, fluid level is still 2.3 litres same as any other 90/110 LT230 transfer box.

I think it is this caution that i and others have seen and therefore assumed the fill plug is not also the level..

Anyway from all your replies it appears i am wrong! I shall top it up as necessary - cheers

Interesting. Wonder why that is, as there's not much difference to earlier Tboxes. The 96 manual calls it a filler/level plug.