Help With V8 Bracket Placement

need4speed

Could someone with a carb'd v8 please tell me where bracket no7 in pic below I s supposed to bolt to?

post-4644-0-94127900-1442691563_thumb.jpg

I've had a quick look and all I can assume is that it goes into 1 of the top bellhousing bolt holes. However the problem with that is that the air box support brackets (no7 in pic below) also have no choice but to go there...

post-4644-0-56243700-1442691822_thumb.jpg

The only difference between mine and the original v8 vehicles is that I'm using an R380.

Mickey do you have a pic of that? I don't think that would work on mine as the "vertical" section you mention is actually at quite an angle on mine. This would then mean the water hose bracket would be at a strange angle..

I will try and take a pic later

Phil, you are now making me doubt myself. The picture in my mind is now not so clear. I'm wondering if there is a good picture in my paper green bible - I'll try to remember to look later.

The rearward sloping part of the canister support brackets have fuel lines clipped against them.

I am pretty sure the heater hoses and pipes run under the canister, so the brackets are stepping over the hoses. I now can't picture how that bracket fits in there :(

Lol mickey... I forgot, there's no point me taking a pic until I've got the heater back on. I removed it in order to weld the arm on the top as the spring clip holding it on was broken.

Obviously the heater determines the position of the water hoses so I will take a pic when it's refitted.

I wonder if it's because of the gas conversion that has been fitted? There are lots of oddities about my V8, I'm very slowly working through them, returning "modified bits" to as near as standard as I can get. But man, is it a long painful job.....