SP hinges

Has anyone used these ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/261954241087

Last hinge change I got hold of a set from that batch of new take-offs that were on the market.

They aren't available anymore though and I'm trying to save a bit of money - so with this set being 1/3 the price of genuine I'm thinking its perhaps worth a go.

Any suggestions ?

Has anyone used these ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/261954241087

Last hinge change I got hold of a set from that batch of new take-offs that were on the market.

They aren't available anymore though and I'm trying to save a bit of money - so with this set being 1/3 the price of genuine I'm thinking its perhaps worth a go.

Any suggestions ?

I purchased some of these. They are made by allmakes, with stainless fixings. Hope this helps

Whereas my galv hinges (almost certain they were britpart) have been fine. No slop or drop and a lot better than a set of OE hinges I got off eBay. I purchased the hinges for my 07 rear door from SP and they are holding up fine.

I'll get blingy greasable billet ones if and when the front door hinges fail.

i purchased a few britpart hinges to replace my old worn ones a few years back. they went straight in the bin! had more slop than the 23 year old hinges they were replacing.

This echoes my experience of cheap hinges from Paddocks (most likely B******t) a few years back.

For info I wrote to SP and they've given quite a helpful reply (which I don't think they'd mind me sharing to help other people decide :

hi stephen,

they are actually allmakes hinges but are of similar quality to brtipart as they all use the same type of hinges, they are very good for the money but if you want the best you need to buy genuine land rover ones but they do cost about 4-5 times the price

kind regards

My mate fitted britpart hinges to his 1997 90 a month or so ago, they were far worse than the 18year old originals straight out the box, Christ knows why he fitted them.

Point being, if the allmakes hinges are comparable to britpart then steer well clear

It's one of those things where at the moment I've better places the money could go - coupled with the fact that though the ones on it are knackered, I can still open and close the doors ...,

Maybe I should look at drilling the pins out on my old ones and putting an M6 / M8 cap head in there. Mind - I bet they are a bugger to drill out.